Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stings broke.

Old 12-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Spike

Default Stings broke.

My mathews icon string broke the other day when i went to pull it out to do a little shoting and to check to make sure it was still good before a hunt. Good thing bc first pull back snap.. Well I wanted to see if anyone new what kind of strings I should put on it. thanks for the help and there is no black panthers in this post sorry
Old 12-20-2010, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Contact MeanV here on this site. He can set you up with a good set of Vapor Trail string/cable. Then there's Bucknasty here also.

Barring that there are tons of people on WWW.archerytalk.com that make good strings. I started recommending H&M as they get good reviews and are really reasonable. Regular price is like $50/set, but Mike's running a special right now for around $40.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

Used zebra string for a while. Held up nice. Archer's choice is very good too.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't recommend Zebra for a very obvious reason known to experienced archers, many of them Mathews shooters.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am constantly running specials on VaporTrail strings and cables. You can find strings a little cheaper maybe but you can't find any better

Dan

Originally Posted by BGfisher
Contact MeanV here on this site. He can set you up with a good set of Vapor Trail string/cable. Then there's Bucknasty here also.

Barring that there are tons of people on WWW.archerytalk.com that make good strings. I started recommending H&M as they get good reviews and are really reasonable. Regular price is like $50/set, but Mike's running a special right now for around $40.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Spike

I agree that zebra string is a good option.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MeanV2
I am constantly running specials on VaporTrail strings and cables. You can find strings a little cheaper maybe but you can't find any better

Dan

Vapor Trail is a very hard string to beat and I believe it is impossible to beat their customer service!!!