Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Under Armour for bowhunting? >

Under Armour for bowhunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Under Armour for bowhunting?

Old 12-07-2010, 09:24 PM
byg
Spike

I was considering some UA but, I read many times over that it is great if you are moving,not so for sitting still. I use polypropolene top/bottom(actually military surplus)very cheap and extremely effective at keeping you warm and wicking sweat away. I have a set of merino wool made by scent blocker kinda pricey,but feel the cheap polypro is the best.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:56 AM
Typical Buck

UA is great if your hiking or working out. IM not a fan for sitting still in UA. I used to be then i realized that i would get cold wearing the stuff just hanging up in a tree. Not to mention i felt like i sweated more wearing the cold gear walking to my stand and once i sat down the sweat would turn to ice and because of the nature of UA fitting tight against your body my body would then freeze. I do however love wearing it when im say hunting early season out west and im walking a lot. For stand hunting i like to wear fleece, Berber and Merino Wool. Eddie Baurer First Ascent line of Merino Wool base Layers is awesome (pretty much all the first ascent stuff is awesome,granted not intended for hunting, but it works), not cheap about the same as UA, but i find the stuff to be pretty amazing. Also, the Berber line from Cabelas is second to none, quiet and warm and easy to move in.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love mine! I have both the compression and relaxed fit tops. I don't really like the way the compression top fits, so I don't wear it unless it is super cold. Usually I wear the relaxed fit top, fleece sweatshirt and wool coat. If it is super cold I wear the same thing and add the compression top as my first layer. I have never had my legs bother me getting cold, so I don't wear the bottoms. It is expensive, but yes it works magnificently! My favorite product from them is a pair of glove/mitts. It has a pouch on the back of the hand that you can put a hot hands in. I have more trouble keeping my hands warm than anything, and since I got these gloves (though they cost me nearly $50!) I have not had the first problem with it. I was hesitant to spend that kind of dough on gloves, but have been very happy that I did.

Also, as was mentioned by some others, UA does not cut the wind at all...be sure to wear a layer or two of fleece or wool. Wool is the bomb...if you get good stuff.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

i love my under armour! my fiencee thinks i am obsessed with UA.(and i am)leggings,compression top,hoodie,fleece,socks,gloves,beanie,underwear haha has anyone tried the UA hood? ALOT of good reviews on UA and cabelas. really wanting one. the baklava* i have now is too itchy