Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 the age old question >

the age old question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

the age old question

Old 07-17-2003, 04:31 PM

Default the age old question

I am fifteen years old and Im looking for a new bow. I dont know which one to get. I was looking for a hoyt or a mathews. Can you give me some models and some pros and cons of them??? I am looking for a 60-70# bow with 28 inch draw. Also could you give some info on accesories??? like sights, rests, stabalizers, string silencers, etc. ? any help would be greatle appreciated...thank you very much.
Old 07-17-2003, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: the age old question

There are too many good quality bows to list them all. You wont go wrong with Hoyt or Mathews. The most important factor is getting the correct draw length and finding a bow that draws nice and smooth and feels the most comfortable to you. Dont get caught up in any of the speed games. Speed is nice but accuracy is a MUST!

As for accessories? I can only give you my opinion of good quality products and I will probably forget a few.

Sights (in no particular order) and each company has several different models

Trophy Ridge
Spot Hogg
HHA
Copper John
Tru Glo
Toxonics
Impact

Arrow rests (again , these are only the companys , they have several different models , but IMO you cant go wrong with products from these companys)

NAP
Bodoodle
Golden Key
Trophy Taker
whisker Biscuit
Muzzy ZE

string silencers

I prefer the old cat whiskers with limb savers on my bow. String leeches work well also along with alot of other new hush products out there.

stabilizers

Pick up a cabelas catalogue and choose one!

release

I' d say go to a proshop and test a few out to see what style suits you best!

Your best bet would be to narrow down a few products and then come here for various opinions on the products.

Good luck!

Old 07-17-2003, 05:17 PM

Default RE: the age old question

You pick two very good bows,now go shoot them and see which one fits you and like.