Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What too do?

Old 11-18-2010, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default What too do?

Ok Myself and another bowhunter are gearing up for the late season. We are stocking up on feed and putting cameras back out etc. we have been hunting this land for 5 + years but the land does not belong to any of us. Well the guy i hunt with just built a new ground blind and has been finding evidence of someone being in the blind hunting (right now it is rifle season) this has been going on for a few days we ask the owners if they are letting someone hunt the groundblind, he orginally says no. well tonight the guy went to move stuff into the blind when he confronted the man, who has been hunting, he says he got permission from the owner. he then confronts the owner about it and he said " o ya i have a friend that is hunting up there" the guy i hunt with is p***** as so am i. the two of us have been bowhunting up there for years and have been taking care of the land that we are hunting. my friend is mad because he paid the owner to do some work around the blind so he could build it to the demensions. (he paid him to do it) we are buying the hay from the owner to feed the deer. We are afraid that this owner is going to tell everyone to hunt up thier if they ask. here is the kicker the actual owner is 83 and its her son that is taking care of her and the land. he knows what we do to try and bring in some monsters bucks. (for this area) my question is What should we do ? the owner is letting this rifle hunting guy to use are blinds and what ever they need! again what to do ?

thanks
Old 11-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like a real nice land owner who don't like to say no. In my opinion there's not much ya can do, you don't want to bite the hand that feeds ya.
On some of the places I get permission to hunt it's the same thing, a few others get permission aswell. I just befriend the other hunters and we work it out where were going to be hunting this day. ''ok so your hunting the creek bedding areas and I'll go hunt the ridge'' type deal or vice versa. Good luck with everything, maybe someone will come along with better advice.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

you are feeding them hay?
Old 11-18-2010, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by farm hunter
you are feeding them hay?
Dont know if this is a sacastic remark (no problem if it is lol) correction no not yet. we usally wait till the snow is on the ground in our state it is allowed.