Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pa bear

Old 11-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by my7pointmonster
I got it in a forward on my cell phone Looks like it has some kind of ear tag.

Ryan.
Tha tag is the tag that the PA game commission put in the ear when it is checked in.
I have been reading all the stories also. I don't what to make of it. Hope that it is all false. Hate to see a bear of that caliber be tarrnished by all this controversy!
Old 11-18-2010, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by razor6570
Tha tag is the tag that the PA game commission put in the ear when it is checked in.
I have been reading all the stories also. I don't what to make of it. Hope that it is all false. Hate to see a bear of that caliber be tarrnished by all this controversy!
Originally Posted by sunjbr
Yea. Sounds like a big mess. From Twinkies to soda to safety zones and ethics to legality

There was a post a few years back called something like "Horn hate and antler envy" Case and point, You shot a bigger Bear than me and I don't like it, Time to rake your ass over the coals.

If its real then I'm pumped for him, if its poached, I hate him. Welcome to the internet I guess, Its a Kentucky Fried Mouse. Always happened to someones Uncles gram's aunt's sisters cousin who knows a guy who worked with his sister who lives in a different country and is incest with 13 toes on one foot and she told a guy and now we got it.

Anyhow, yeah.

Ryan.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

definitely a big controversy over the whole situation. my friends uncle is the one that shot it and i got a field pic of it about 30 minutes after they finally recovered it so ive been following alone since. A lot of people speculating but with the stories and all that have been told it really is hard not to speculate. I have my opinions but am not gonna start with any, but im interested to see how it ends up turning out. It was 744 pounds dressed and estimated 875 live. Had been tagged and trapped in both new jersey and PA over the years and was a 17 year old bruin. Monster bear for sure. Was in fact fed by hand and petted by many people over the years so that is one of the major twists to the story.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:22 PM
Spike

Wow. Fed by hand and petted! ahh this was a 800+ lb. bear... I think we can eliminate that one.... I just want to see the "article" not the forum post saying that it wasn't legit..
Old 11-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alot of bear in Pa are fed! Hell they come in to our camp all the time! Does that mean when I go up hunting and I am a mile from camp(still in the area) and I shoot a bear he is tamed? This is a classic the guy got lucky he got what everyone else was watching and now he did it illigally cause noone else could do it! What a bunch of ****! The bear had tags from Pa and Nj and was tattooed from Pa trust me they knew where this bear was killed it had electronic tags on it!
Old 11-19-2010, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by twildasin
Alot of bear in Pa are fed! Hell they come in to our camp all the time! Does that mean when I go up hunting and I am a mile from camp(still in the area) and I shoot a bear he is tamed? This is a classic the guy got lucky he got what everyone else was watching and now he did it illigally cause noone else could do it! What a bunch of ****! The bear had tags from Pa and Nj and was tattooed from Pa trust me they knew where this bear was killed it had electronic tags on it!
What he said. twildasin for President!

That is a scary size for any species of bear! We've got some monsters here in Pa.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Spike

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/nort...lack-bear.html Got that link from the northeat regional forum on this site
Old 11-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just read a couple of articles about that bear, and from what I got from both of them, that bear kill is totally legit.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

http://thedailyreview.com/news/875-p...n-pa-1.1066449

Here is an artical from out local news paper on this bear
Old 11-21-2010, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is the bear in question. His mother was killed by a car and he hid/lived under an old guy's porch. The guy,Leroy, fed him by hand for 17 years.

He was knonw locally by everyone as Bozo.

Bozo like soda and Twinkys.

Oh, guess what one of the mighty hunters had on him when he was shot with one of the 7 arrows.........Twinkys and soda.

Apparently some of the bear's blood mysteriously got spilled on the can of soda.

Here is Bozo and Leroy
Attached Thumbnails Pa bear-bozo12.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.