Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Back Pack

Old 11-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default Back Pack

Any recommendations for a back pack big enough to take everything I need to my stand. I'm talking food, drinks, extra socks,gloves and dry clothes, plus all my accessories. I want to keep everything together during season, instead of searching for everything. Lighter the better, but not too big.
Thanks!
Old 11-15-2010, 09:21 PM
Fork Horn

http://www.cabelas.com

Go to Hunting accessories, then click on the hunting bag icon. Alot of nice bags there. Badlands make some reallly nice bags that are comfortable to take to the stand with you. Some have quivers and etc. They have back packs that carry anything you need to your arrows to your rifle/bow. On a side note, I keep my gear in scent lock duffle bags and the other hunting hardware(boots,calls,rattling antlers,optics,etc) in big plastic totes for the summer/offseason storage. I hate having my shate scatter,because by the next deer season I forget where I placed it. So at the end of season I store all my gear,binos,etc.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:15 AM
Typical Buck

I am looking at the Rush 24 pack by 5.11 Tactical. It is a military pack but I think it fits my needs perfectly. I have a nice little pack by Field & Stream I got at Dick's Sporting Goods, but it doesn't hold everything I want to carry. Plus it won't hold a fleece or extra clothing. The Rush 24 pack is pretty lightweight and compact. It expands to fit the load so it shouldn't feel any bigger than the load you are carrying.

It also has add-on accessory pouches for water bottles, first aid kit, etc. I want a bigger pack because this year I started carrying some first-aid and emergency supplies. I don't even have a tarp for shelter yet and my pack is full.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Generally when deer hunting I will use either a Badlands Diablo or 2200 depending on how long I will be out, and how far I think I will have to haul some meat.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Timberhawk Rut Buster. I love it. It has a system that you attach your binos to on the shoulder straps and holds them in place pretty well. It also is designed to carry your bow on it. It has plenty of room for anything you need. I usually carry my binos, rangefinder, calls, tags, stocking cap and gloves, along with a sweatshirt and some snacks. It comes with a hydration bladder. It is really well built and all of the zipper pulls are plenty big which makes them easy to open with gloves on. There are also plenty of pockets on the bag which are pretty useful.

I purchased mine off of www.camofire.com and it comes up on there everyonce in a while. I think I paid around $80 for it. I highly recommend this pack.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

I have a bag from cabelas that allows me to lash the bow to it. It's a heavy setup if you are also carrying a climber tree stand. Figure a good 60lbs on your back, and you learn quick to K.I.S.S!
I retrofitted my treestand to work with a Molle system. Lash the backpack to the treestand, and carry the bow in your hand. Don't have a heart attack in the process