Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
I have a Ninja Buck! >

I have a Ninja Buck!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I have a Ninja Buck!

Old 11-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I have a Ninja Buck!

During the rut I dont sit in my stand all that much. Im usually walking that 700 acre of land of protective prarie grass/timber that I have to myself all of bow season. Most of the time you can walk up on a buck that its in the rut. They get very stupid. I had two bucks just walk right by me at 30-35 yards not even caring that I was there. He just wanted his doe. Well as I was walking through some decent length prarie grass I looked ahead and see a huge set of antlers walking through the grass. The buck had his head down, thank god, and he was headed straight too me. I kneeled down and pulled back my bow and he spotted me and got in his alert stance and i just had a few seconds to shoot or he was gonna take off so I took my shot at 30 yards and he just dropped instantly and ducked my arrow!!! It just skimmed over his back. I was like... YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!! I learned my lesson to shoot a little bit low when you have a alert deer like he was.

Here he is in July this summer...

Old 11-16-2010, 07:29 AM
Spike

Wow . I hope to make a trip and see something like this one day . I need to start saving .