Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Split my second arrow, right down the middle! >

Split my second arrow, right down the middle!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Split my second arrow, right down the middle!

Old 11-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default Split my second arrow, right down the middle!

i was shooting today at like 25 yards and after shooting like three rounds of 4 arrows, i let one off and boom! i hear the sound of exploding carbon!lol and i split my nock exactly down the middle and into the arrow! i did this once before with my aluminum xx75 (love those arrows, i would still use em' if i could find them local)
Attached Thumbnails Split my second arrow, right down the middle!-1111102321.jpg  
Old 11-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

Nice, still waiting on my first one. Once I replaced my arrow rest my groups went from 2-5" @ 25 yards, to every arrow ontop of the other... I'm sure it'll happen but at, 140 a dozen... it tends to hurt breaking or losing arrows lol.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:01 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats. I have only Robin Hooded once. I had a new string put on my bow and the guy had me shoot at the indoor range to get the nock position right. I Robin Hooded on my 3rd shot so I guess the nock position was right.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

congrats on the Robin Hood!
Old 11-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

I aim at a different spot on the target with each arrow in order to avoid damaging arrows.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Spike

i like the robin hood but wallet cringes every time.. lol ive only done it once and was down to my last few arrows. i recently got married and found out we have a baby due june 1st so no money left for new stuff haha so i have 2 arrows to hunt with. i hope i dont miss. i go after my buck in early season and drop my does in gun season.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Typical Buck

got my first robin hood arrow on top of my gun cabinet with the second arrow still stuck inside the first one (aluminum arrows)

yeah they can get right pricey if you keep doing it, i also try to aim at different spots on my targets now to avoid damage to my arrows.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

Ive done it three times, but at $15 an arrow I don't think I will be doing that anymore.