Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Score....

Old 11-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up Score....

Found a DARTON Bow in our Dumpster at work today. Have done only a little research today since I found it.
Seems to be a 1982 model WH500.
Has a cross hair sight,drop away rest and attached quiver as well as a broken peep sight (string insert is still there but the rubber piece isn't).

I haven't heard of this brand before, and am wondering if anyone knows anything about them.

Thanks
Old 11-12-2010, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

Darton has been around for over 60 years. The company was started by a man named rex darlington, and is currently headquartered in Hale, MI. Darton is not as well known as other companies because they do not advertise like other companies. Darton's success comes in the form that almost all bow companies use Darton technology. All 2 1/2 cam bows, bionary cam bows, and hyprid cams are based off Darton cam technology.

I have been shooting Darton for over ten years now. My family has been shooting Darton for over 20 years. I really like their bows and dont plan on shooting anything else. If you want to check out the company go to www.dartonarchery.com. Their new line just came out. Kinda interesting.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

Why were you going through the garbage?
Old 11-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like someone's wife got really pissed they were hunting so much.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

Wow, the guy that stole it and threw it in there is going to be mad when he goes back to get in and finds it missing.

Nice find.

Mitch
Old 11-13-2010, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Maryland_Whitetail
Why were you going through the garbage?
I was dumping a couple can from our work shed into the dumpster and looked in. When I saw the bow, I thought it might be the one my boss had in the back of his truck the day before. It wasn't.
He didn't know who's it was, but it wasn't his.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mitchmtm1
Wow, the guy that stole it and threw it in there is going to be mad when he goes back to get in and finds it missing.

Nice find.

Mitch
I thought about it being stolen. I have since begun asking people if they have heard about any thefts in the area.
My next step is going to the County Sheriff. I definitely don't want to be in possession of stolen property.