Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
new bowhunter, need some suggestions >

new bowhunter, need some suggestions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

new bowhunter, need some suggestions

Old 11-05-2010, 04:51 AM
Spike

Default new bowhunter, need some suggestions

Hey guys,

This is my first year bow hunting. I'm a long time gun hunter. But I am now sooo addicted to using a bow now!!!. I bought a PSE stinger this year to try out bow hunting. I plan on upgrading next year.

So far I have two does, no bucks yet with my bow. My question is, I am looking to upgrade my pin sites. I have a 3 pin fiber optic site right now. But it is still VERY hard to see in low light conditions for some reason.

I mainly hunt from my summit tree stand, alos a double bull blind, all on my own property..my buddy swares by his pendulum site. But aren't they only effective while hunting from an elevated position?
Im asking because Like I said I hunt from a blind as well.

Any reccomendations on a GOOD site? I need something that is visible in low light conditions.

As I said, I am very new to bow hunting, so I don't want to go buy some junk, funds are tight..so any tips or suggestions would be great..

thanks fellas!

-Scott
Old 11-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Spike

suggestions, on a good site anyone? it would be for a PSE stinger
Old 11-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

Theres alot of good sights out there right now, and IMO its alot of personal pref involved. I have a 5 pin trophy ridge its nice, however Ive shot some hoyts with a single pin stack in the middle, that Ide like to switch to. You might want to look into a single pin stack, maybe it will suit you better. It dosent block out the target as much. Just a thought. The TR fire wire v5 dosent look bad
Old 11-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check out the Montana black Gold sights.
Im very happy with it in low light conditions.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:21 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot an apex single pin sight. Real bright in low light. also comes with a light that will illuminate ur pin when it gets real dark. its very durable and easy to adjust.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:08 AM
Spike

I personally like the Tru-Glow with the wrap around fiberoptics,very bright even in my ground blind... The Apex sights are pretty bright as well and both come with a pin light but have never had to use the light cause I could see the pins just fine...
Old 11-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Spike

Spot-Hogg and Sur-Loc are both top notch archery sights. I shoot a Spot-Hogg Hunter and it is a very solid sight, however, it will set you back $150+. The Spot-Hogg Real Deal is also a very good sight and is more affordable. I have heard very good things about Sur-Loc as well.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Typical Buck

i agree with woody, tru-glo's rock! if it werent for them i wouldnt have got my 9 point this morning!