Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pa grows em big

Old 11-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Typical Buck

those are bigger than those bucks on T.V. that are shot in texas! the first and second pic have to be close to the state record
Old 11-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

lol well texas is an illusion of big deer cause the bodies are so small..well for the most part that is. and no they are a bit far from the state record lol.. although a new one was suppose to be taken this year.. they scored 168 and 182
Old 11-15-2010, 04:21 AM
Fork Horn

wow those are some very nice bucks, congrats to all the hunters who killed those deer
Old 11-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Spike

You see big bucks in Pa. were you can't hunt or is private ground. They murderd the dow everywhere else. Big bucks are around but they are nocturnal or in rut. I see less deer on stand every year.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

amazing animals!
Old 11-17-2010, 03:04 AM
Spike

I am so, so tired of the "no deer left in PA" b******t!!

I hunt a combination of public and private ground, and I see just as many deer on the "shot-out!!" SGL's as I do on the private. I also scout pretty much year round, when I climb a tree I'm confident that I'll see deer, and I usually do.

Deer cannot read, so they do not flee until they hit a line of No Trespassing signs and set-up camp for the rest of the season. Stop making excuses and blaming the PGC and put a little more work into it!!
Old 11-17-2010, 03:23 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by nwtrykon87
looks like that antler restriction is really paying off for good old Pa. the number of true monster world class bucks ive been seeing this year is proof. i just wanted to share with my fellow hunters my buddies first deer ever.. doubt he will ever top it in his lifetime. but congrates to him none the less
the stats of that buck are

23" spread
11" and 13" brows
total gross 168

Awesome buck! Looks like a nice Firebird in the garage also.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Spike

great bucks taken I also hunt in erie county 1b to be exact. a/r have worked for some areas mostly private land.most big bucks taken now are 2.5 years old.the bigger bucks are taken on private land and get some age to them.the only problem I have is where are these big bucks going to come from with all the doe being shot every year now.how many are shot and left in the woods because they are not legal.also have seen 2 bucks together for 3yrs now and they both have 6pts but if you would see them from a distance and didn't know they were around you would swear they were at least 8pt's.gw I run into is just waiting to pinch a hunter who shoots one of them. what good is a/r on that one.one size does not fit all.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:28 AM
Spike

Congrats!! never new PA grew em like that lol