Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tinks Estrous

Old 11-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default Tinks Estrous

I have an unopened bottle of Tinks Doe-In-Rut from last year. IT sat in my car all winter, spring and summer unopened in its original packaging. Did the time and change in temperature (100+ degree days, plus greenhouse effect from closed car), etc. make it not worth using? Would a buck get whiff of it and run for the hills or would it still work its magic?

What do you think?
Old 11-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

Open it and take a big whiff of it! It'll probably knock you out, the smell will be rancid!!
Old 11-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

I always end up using my brand of scent in a couple of sittings, but I have read and wanted to pass it along, that if it smells like ammonia or a garlic type smell to shake it up real good then take the lid off and let it sit for a couple of hours. Supposeadly[sp?] that'll clear it up and it'll be good to go.
Don't know if it really works but if it does it'll save ya 10 or so bucks.
Good luck