Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
i may be completely wrong but just want some thought >

i may be completely wrong but just want some thought

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i may be completely wrong but just want some thought

Old 11-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default i may be completely wrong but just want some thought

ok guys dont bash me..as i am not so certain of this idea to begin with,but here it goes... one of my fellow hunters in my area.. went to school with his kids...he shoots giants EVERY year..and i had to ask him what tricks he uses..

he said he shoots a doe early season.. takes her pee..and adds it to store bought "farm" raised estrus scent.. the scents with no preservatives in it. his philosophy is that all bucks and deer in general know the smell of the local deer in the area, and so by adding pee from a local doe he can make it seem like that doe came into heat, without adding an unfamiliar scent to the woods.

ok.. i personally have no idea if it works.. i was gonna try it out but i already tagged out... does this kinda of stuff make any sense to anyone else..ever heard of it being done before
Old 11-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

its like seeing someone different moving into a house in your town but you dont kno who they are same with deer they kno who lives or comes through that area and if you shoot the hot doe in the area and mix her urine with store bought stuff the big bucks will be looking for her first so the big deer or bucks in general will smell the urine of the doe mixed with the doe in heat bucks will think that the top doe in the area is coming or is in heat
Old 11-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

I don't use the store bought stuff myself, mostly because I'm cheap. I do check the bladder of every deer I kill, doe or buck. I carry two 35mm film canisters to the field with me to recover urine. They're water tight and two will usually be plenty, although I once killed a button buck that was so full of pee I just detached the bladder and tied string around the tube. It woulda never fit in those film canisters. Most deer I've killed have very little in them, though, probably because they pee from the stress of getting hit.

I cut the urine with water, 50/50 and then just use if for cover scent. If the doe was in heat, all the better.