Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
deer movement slowed??? >

deer movement slowed???

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

deer movement slowed???

Old 11-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Spike

Default deer movement slowed???

at the end of october i was seeing allot of deer movement. last friday i had two real nice eight pointers right under my stand at 10 yrds but just couldnt find an opening to shoot. they seemed to find the only brush to eat behind. funny how that seems to happen. any ways the last few days going out and sitting the majority of the day i havent seen anything. we had some eastern winds and thats not usually good for me to see deer but with all the bucks i had seen in late october i was really exspecting things to kick off but to my suprise its been totally dead. i live in central illinois by the way. anyone else having a dead spell right when things should be heating up.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

Same thing happened where I live in Utah, one day I see a huge 6-6 before the season and next day bango just 3 pointers ??? Have not seen a trophy buck since ??? I think the deer are growing smarter mabye?
Old 11-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

I'm in Northern Adams County IL and yes same thing here...Friends are texting me from MO telling me they are running but on my property...They aren't moving at all...Not like they were a week or two ago!!
Old 11-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Typical Buck

seen a few the past couple days in peoria county going back out in morning.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Typical Buck

cant let a couple days of no sightings get you down most likely they was moving just not in your view.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Spike

tonight i saw 11 deer for me the deer movement is picking up....i was at a streak of like 4 hunts with seeing nothing though. hang in there
Old 11-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Spike

bolton- it seems this last week or so everyone is seeing bucks running doe and bucks everywhere only one not seeing them is me in stand gets frustrating knowing they are moving good and you arent on any