Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is it on?

Old 11-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Spike

i live and hunt in solon springs in northen wi and the chasing has been really slow still seeing doe just feeding alone been slow up noth so far
Old 11-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Spike

Good friend of mine actually just watched a buck top a doe tonight across the field that he hunts in Central Wisconsin!!! I wouldn't feel safe believing that this was the first doe concieved because most breeding happens at night, and we don't know what happens at night... We are very very close to the breeding stage. I would say prime is today-the next 10 days. JMO
Old 11-03-2010, 12:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw some chasing going on for the first time on Sunday, mid morning. A 4 point was chasing a small doe. Haven't seen a deer since...
Old 11-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

This years rutting moon (second full moon afer the autumn equinox) is Nov 21st. Almost three weeks later then last years. There will be breeding and chasing late Oct and early Nov but the most breeding and heavy rutting with occur during Thanksgiving week. Im getting my info from the October 2010 Deer and Deer hunting Magizine by the way. They are compairing this year to 1997 and 2005. If I remember right 2005 rifle season in WI was pretty good with a lot of buck sightings