Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
how far will to nice bucks go >

how far will to nice bucks go

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how far will to nice bucks go

Old 10-29-2010, 07:27 AM
Spike

Default how far will to nice bucks go

hey guys i got a question. Me an another land owner own half an half or a 40 acer wood in ohio its the biggest wood in about 4 miles an always has deer.Ok now to the questions have to nice buck on here seen a monster 14pt an a nice 9 probly bout 130 ish an the ppl around us shoot anything. so how far will these go i dont have permission to hunt but there small wood 5 to 10 acers biggest within 4 miles of me.

We hunt low pressure but wondering rut starting up will one run off the other or is this big enough to hold them the hole time
Old 10-29-2010, 08:10 AM
Typical Buck

When looking for hot doe's, mature bucks will travel a long ways out of there core area, unless there is enough hotness in there imidiate area and the don't need to. When big bucks are not breeding there cruising.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

I think it depends on the individual buck, too. I've heard for years that bucks will travel up to 15 miles during the rut. Maybe some do. But I'll bet most bucks stick a lot closer to their core areas than most people believe. If you've got does around, your bucks will probably be there also.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

I've seen this paticular buck, a big 4point with a scar on his face. I use to watch him alot, knew him by sight. Anyway during the rut I hunted on another tract about 2-3 miles away from this bucks home core and he showed up with his nose to the ground at this new to me spot.
Maybe he was just a wanderer but I believe it's the norm. for all bucks. Just think they wait all year to have sex so come hell or high water they're gonna try to get some.
If I had to wait once a year I'd walk to the pacific coast if I had to!
Old 10-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

All I know is when the rut comes around the big bucks that have been hanging around are usually gone and different bucks move in. I have seen trail cam pics from people of nice bucks that someone has shot 5 miles away as the crow fly's before.