Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mask or Paint?

Old 07-14-2003, 11:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default Mask or Paint?

Do you use face paint or some sort of head or face mask? The reason Im
asking this is because I use a full head and face mask except for the eyes.
I use a kisser button and Im alittle concerned it might get caught on the mask,
the mask is made out of thin material.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Mask or Paint?

I used face paint years ago but have since used a stretch type mask. I use a kisser button also and have the area around my mouth cut out...no problem.
Old 07-15-2003, 03:07 AM

I USE A FACE MASK WITH EYES HOLES BUT I DID USE PAINT I LOVE PAINT BUT TAKE TOLONG TO GET OFF AND IT DOSE NOT STOP THE BUGS FROM BITEING....

AL BOWMANSVILLE NY WNY
Old 07-15-2003, 05:18 AM
AK

It depends for me. I really don' t like things over my face, (especially when stillhunting/stalking or when it' s hot) so I either use facepaint or burnt cork if I don' t have to go anywhere special (ie; to work) after a hunt. Most times, I do end up wearing a headnet, though. Sometimes I don' t cover my face with anything.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:21 AM
AK

I should add that the shadow created by wearing a boonie hat or Fedora goes a long way to hiding a white face. So does choosing a ground blind that is in the shadows of overhanging limbs.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:58 AM

in the past i havn' t wore anything to cover my face but this year i bought a mask. good question i was also wandering what to do with the kisser might not make a difference, but i like the idea of cutting that area out -- I think!
Old 07-15-2003, 06:36 AM

I wear a face mask and if I get one that has two eye holes instead of one I cut the center part out (between the eyes) so that it doesn' t interfere with my peep site. That also helps with vision, if you want to look to the side without moving your head.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve always used face paint, i can' t stand anything covering my face.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Usually nothing, I hunt high when the situation dictates it but if that isn' t possible because of the situation, I will opt for face paint. I don' t like the confines of a mask that may interfere with shooting or vision. When the weather turns sour, I have a neck warmer that I pull up over my face with a knit hat pulled down so that only my eyes appear. When a shooting opportunity presents itself, I do pull the neck warmer down.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here is a real good piece of advice if you like to wear face paint. Try using makeup instead , the type that actors wear. If covers better, is much more waterproof, does not shine at all, handles perspiration, is much cheaper, and goes on and off much easier. I use cover all cake makeup first for the whole face(dark green, brown or grey) which goes on with a sponge (takes about 20-30 seconds), and then use a brush and use face makeup with a little water, or a stick makeup to use for the details, I usually just use black for this. It takes about 1 minute to put this on and it comes off easy with a makeup remover pad.

http://www.starcostumes.com/browse.asp?id=512

Quick Reply: Mask or Paint?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.