Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Illinois wether is TERRIBLE!! >

Illinois wether is TERRIBLE!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illinois wether is TERRIBLE!!

Old 10-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Spike

Default Illinois wether is TERRIBLE!!

ok so the opening week of archery season was great it was cold and the deer were moving and i got my first archery deer. anyways after that its been awful. Hardly any deer movement because the weather has been so hot. Today its freaking 70 degrees. hopefully next week there is a major cold front or something.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same for me here. Been out in the mornings....haven't seen a deer!
Old 10-24-2010, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

It's been hot here lately in Indiana too, but the deer seem to be moving pretty good anyways. I got a decent 9 point friday and I was hunting in a sweatshirt and blue jeans. I havent seen many does this year so far but lately I have been finding tons of buck sign so I would think that you will start seeing deer here soon after this front moves out. It's also a close to a full moon phase so they may be moving at night quite a bit give it time lol they'll be there.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

I haven't had much time to hunt due to work and family duties, but my once-a-week hunting hasn't proven very fruitful. I have tagged one for the freezer, but it was one of the few I've seen. Trail cam pics have shown the deer moving at odd times. We haven't seen many rubs or scrapes in the the places we normally find them. I'm not quite sure what's going on. Next weekend is Halloween already! The bucks will be acting dumb soon

rw
Old 10-24-2010, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

Iowa is the same, the deer are moving slow but steady... Hope that we keep this overcast sky for a couple of days, it helps cool it down to at least the high 50's low 60's. Alot of em are choosing to move across the open fields rather than the funnels in my area
Old 10-25-2010, 04:37 AM
Fork Horn

Same is true here in WV.. Opening weekend (Oct. 16) was nice a cool all day, but since then it has warmed up dramatically.. Days have been in the mid 70s and lows are ranging from upper 40s to the mid 50s.. It's not horrid, but with the full moon it's just throwing another wrench into the works.. Here's to hoping the weather starts working out a lil' better for everyone out there..
Old 10-25-2010, 08:03 AM
Typical Buck

Isn't life funny we pray for cool even cold temps during hunting season as soon as its over we want to go to mexico or florida to warm up. We are a twisted kinda people no doubt. Im with ya thou bring on those 30 degree nights
Old 10-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

finally starting to see buck scrapes and rubs in southern illinois but its still HOT !!!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

the weather here in nebraska has been all jacked up to it will get down to as low as mid 30s at night but then right back up to high 60s low 70s by mid afternoon. got somewhat of a cold front coming through this week with rain and 30mph winds but then the temps are supposed to be right back up into the 70s on Saturday(atleast the weather will be nice to watch the huskers beat up on missouri)