Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Where are all the deer in NY >

Where are all the deer in NY

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where are all the deer in NY

Old 10-23-2010, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Where are all the deer in NY

Where did all the deer go? The first four days of the season deer where moving. Now nothing.. Is anyone else having the same problem, or is it just me?? There is a full moon and I know that plays a factor in this. I wish the rut would get here.... I got a doe, and I'm thankful for that, but sure would like to get a buck.... I have tried lite rattling, grunting, scents, and NOTHING.... I'm not even seeing any fresh tracks..
Old 10-24-2010, 05:21 AM
Fork Horn

I've been having a hard time up here too! did get a doe though, and she's startin to get some scent...big time actually haha.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:21 AM
Fork Horn

i have seen a lot in upstate this year monroe county but havent got a shot yet
Old 10-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are any of you seeing any rubs or scrapes?? I did a little walking around the other day after a morning sit and didn't see any sign. The weather here has been weird too. Windy one day, warm the next, then a little drizzly...... Something needs to give... Sure would like to fill my buck tag this year.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:56 AM
Typical Buck

My son got his deer thursday night we have hunted fri night both morn and evening sat and sun and havent seen a deer its now going on 18 hrs in stands. My nephew shot a beauty fri night at last light 8pt roughly 125-130' dressed weight 187# co-worker also got a nice 8pt fri night Just hit and miss and w/ the warm weather its anybodys guess but friends are saying smaller bucks are starting to hound the does I usually put my game face on halloween it seems thats when the bigger boys start cruising around my house anyway
Old 10-25-2010, 09:18 AM
Spike

I have been out for a total of 21 hours and saw 1 doe at 203 yards. I haven't seen this slow of a start to the season, well, since I started bow hunting. I have plenty of sign on the property just no day time sightings. The trail cameras are showing mostly night pictures with a couple young deer moving a little earlier than the older deer. Its going to be 70 tomorrow, this will not help our cause! Come on NY deer, please come out and play
Old 10-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

I'd say down in the southern zone, the deer have been abundant and moving. I hunt in Northern Orange and I've seen more deer this year than I have for the last 5 years combined. I know for a fact that since we have a lot of acorns, that's keeping them in our general vicinity. I'm in a tent for this year, and they can come out anytime of the day. 2 bucks a day. Twice I passed on a singleton and a 3, but the others have just been 5 to 10 yards farther than I want to shoot. Next year, I'm getting another ladder stand and moving it a little closer to the funnel. This weekend will try a drag of tinks, and I'll bet they follow it right it front of me. Hope it's the big boys and not the passers. I'd finally like to take one with a bow, cause it's not easy passing on the light ones when you haven't popped a cherry!
Old 10-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

brother in law shot a nice big 5 point yesterday AM... dressed 161.
thought it was an 8 point...
Old 10-27-2010, 01:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Has anyone been seeing any activity??? any rubs, scrapes. I haven't been seeing anything moving at all. No new tracks, not even any rubs yet. Anyone else??
Old 10-27-2010, 01:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

I shot a nice mature buck the first week. Saw another one broadside 15 yards from me couple mornings ago (that hurt a little bit lol). It's been tough the last 4 or 5 days though. Full moon, warm weather and wind isnt' the best combination for activity. Just got to stick it out. Numerous scrapes and rubs are starting to pop up this week. We'll be getting rid of this moon, this low pressure/front is passing by tommorow and temps will start to cool. I think begining of next week things will be picking up a lot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.