Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer Feeding

Old 10-23-2010, 01:09 AM
Spike

Default Deer Feeding

Hey guys! Im kinda new here. I have been hunting for a number of years now, and this year im having some issues. Does anyone have any ideas on a good corn mixture to help bring the deer in? Ive used corn, Buck Jam, C'mere Deer, Salt licks and nothing seems to be working. So, has anyone got any ideas on a corn sweet feed mix or something? Thanks for the help!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

Ive been feeding the deer for quite some time this season, It helps to start early season asthey will get in a routine, and keep coming back to see whats there. First, Ide start with just plain old kernal corn, I have the best luck with it. Find some paths that they travel or some rubs. Ive been finding the most path activity in my area (charlotte vicinity) and out towards locust area, in lower level areas, near creek channels, and slopes. If you dont find trails, the deer wont locate the corn. Ive seen deer from my stand see the corn and then go eat it, cause it was off their path. You can also just lay down plops of corn every 40-50 yrds, maybe a gallon, here and there, then revisit it, and put more down where it got grabbed up. I did this earlier this week, to see how close they come to my paths. I threw some 'buck lickers" out and they have eatten the corn around them, leaving the mineral block alone. Also alot of their paths have led me to acorn trees, also somthing to investigate. GL