Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
When you are making a mock scrape >

When you are making a mock scrape

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When you are making a mock scrape

Old 10-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default When you are making a mock scrape

What do you put on the licking branch?
Old 10-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Spike

Ive thought about this before because i also never was sure what i should put on the branch. Ive had success putting some type of buck lure on it and also not putting anything on it. Both seem to work for me. The buck urine and some estrus in the scrape usually holds them long enough to get a shot off.
Hope this helps
Old 10-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I actully will cut a a licking branch from another area and zip tie it to a branch where i am making my mock scrape that way any local bucks think there are some new bucks invading there territory..
Old 10-21-2010, 01:03 PM
Fork Horn

@stikbow26

That is a really ingenious idea. Nice tip.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I peed in one and had it work out awesome, had a hot doe pee in it and I never saw a single leaf in it the entire time it was there doubt that helps at all just my personal experience.

Ryan.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is one of my zip-tie mock scrapes. They are nice cuz you can put them about anywhere and get the brach right where you need it so the bucks can access it easily. I tend to try and get mine going before the end of september before the bucks really start making a bunch of their own. This gets them hooked on yours as a community scrape and gets em making new ones nearby. They almost busted this one off from the ties they hit it so hard. I had the big ten up and down bedded next to it working it for 7 hours one night and 5.5 hours the next night. Havent checked the cam since that weekend. I'll be checking it again tomorrow and hunting the weekend.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm. when i made the message i could see the pics but now they are Xs. Ill try to figure it out