Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
things start to show promise and then.. >

things start to show promise and then..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

things start to show promise and then..

Old 10-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Spike

Default things start to show promise and then..

Sitting at college wishing I was out in the woods I thought I would vent a little by posting

Since PA archery opener I have been working my tail off to get my girlfriend a good archery buck which started off with tons of deer sightings every sit we were both seeing a good amount of deer mostly doe and then we finally found the bucks Monday October 11th she had a group of bucks with a 7 pointer I would like to see her get bed down at around thirty yards from her stand all morning but between them coming in and leaving she never had a shot she felt confident with so after the hunt I setup my trail camera and back to college we went
an early photo of the goofy 7 she had by her

Thursday afternoon we were both out of class and with no Friday classes we had Thursday night-Saturday to hunt and I was feeling real confident in her getting a shot
well Thursday it ended up pouring so we didn’t hunt but I checked my camera which had bucks in on a regular bases. Friday and Saturday were both awful hunting with steady 20mph winds which lead to very few sightings
Now this weekend we are planning on going to visit my buddy at PSU and do some hunting up there hopefully when we get back out here around the 29th the bucks will be running good and she can get an opportunity on a good buck

some of the recent trail pictures of bucks i would like to see walk out to her

hopefully i'll be posting up a photo of her with a buck soon! Best of luck everyone!
Old 10-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Spike

dude please share your secrets on how you got your girl to hunt with you??? lol im envious, id love to get mine to hunt with me. anyway best of luck on getting her a good shot on some horns!
Old 10-18-2010, 04:07 PM
Spike

miller- took her out a few times and she loved it, first year gun hunting she shot a nice 10 point and now this year she wants to get a good buck with a bow
Old 10-19-2010, 07:02 AM
Spike

thats awesome man. good luck to both of ya