Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Freaky Michigan 7pt >

Freaky Michigan 7pt

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Freaky Michigan 7pt

Old 10-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default Freaky Michigan 7pt

It might not be the biggest buck I have taken but, I sure will never forget it! I ended up hanging a treestand in a new spot, I have wanted to try out for a few years. I hung the stand Monday morning and headed back to school that afternoon. Around 12 o'clock that night I noticed I had a rash all over my neck. I knew right away I got poison Ivy which I hate more than anything. The next morning it was a lot worst so I went and got a shot. Long story short I came home from school because I was in so much pain and looked crazy. I had it everywhere if you know what I mean. I ended up puting cream on, so I could go out hunting Thursday night. I wanted to try the new spot out bad so, I thought it would be a good time to because I already have poison Ivy. I got in the stand at 5 which i late but, i didn't want to sit to long bacause of the dshape I was in. I ended up grunt this freak in at 530. He only ran 70 yards which I was very happy because I was in no shape for a long track job. My neck and face isn't usual that swollen lol As soon as I got home with the buck. My mom said were going to the hospital she couldn't even believed I went out. I can say she wasn't to happy with me. The reason his rack is so messed up is he had a broken leg at one time. I thought it was pretty cool against all odd I went out and harvested this buck!
Attached Thumbnails Freaky Michigan 7pt-img_1725.jpg  
Old 10-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

Nice buck, the deer looks really big
Old 10-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

WTG!!! Now thats dedication right there... Congrats on a nice buck.. I bet the broken leg was on the opposite side?
Old 10-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Guys! Yep it was on the opposite side, this is the second buck i shot with a broken leg. The first one was even more if a freak!
Old 10-18-2010, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice congrats
Old 10-18-2010, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the buck.

I know what you mean about hating Ivy.. I put a ladder stand up 4 or 5 yrs ago, put the strap around the top and didn't realize the poison oak going up the side.. my face, arms were a mess for a week. eyes swelled shut and oozing.. I get a shot every 2 yrs or so to help. I may get a little spot here and there but it doesn't invade me.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats one screwed up rack. congrats and nice job