Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

after darkness

Old 10-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
A guy up here was summons for doing just that a couple of years back. They took his 4 wheeler and bow ect.. I do not know how he would of made out on that. He was fighting the charge but ended up dieing early because his Grandlake canoe was hit by a hard cross wind. They were salmon fishing when he drowned along with a friend of his. But, I would just the same becarefull of the advice to stay in the stand after legal hours..
I don't see how they can do that. Its not illegal till you pull the trigger.... I guess anything is possible..
I think in all the years I have hunted, (about 20 years), I have only ever waited for the deer to leave three times. I don't usually wait till dark to get down and walk out. I usually will start walking back about 15 minutes or so of last legal light, just in case there is something along the way I still have time to shoot. I also hunt privet property. There is one other person that hunts on the hedge row of the adjacent land, and he walks out about a half hour after shoot time. Drives me crazy... I usually stop and talk with the land owner a few time just to let him know when I will be there and how long. Then I see this guy drive out....
Old 10-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MISwampDog
Alarm snort like a deer. You are around a bunch of em so they won't know the difference. Has worked for me several times.
i snort wheeze either by mouth or with my call.