Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Wife's First Deer >

Wife's First Deer

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wife's First Deer

Old 10-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default Wife's First Deer

Well my wife finally decided to hunt for her first year after going out with me on numerous hunting and scouting trips over the years. She got a BowTech Equalizer with a Spot-Hogg Real Deal 1 1/2 years ago to start shooting with me.

It has always been great to spend time out in the woods with my wife and I have to say this was the highlight of my archery season this year. I spent the summer trying to find the best location with the most deer activity for tree stands since she didn't care if her first animal was a doe or a buck. We saw four deer from the stand in three hours and she finally had a clear broadside shot at 20 yds on this blacktail doe.

I feel extremely lucky to have such a great wife that likes the outdoors whether it is camping, backpacking, scouting, and now hunting. Next year she is going to try elk hunting and I can not wait. Good luck to everyone rifle hunting right now.

Marci out helping me hunt elk.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations, that there is what make memories, for both of you.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

AWESOME Job to the Wife! One can tell by the look on her face it wont be her last one!!! Again, congrats!
Old 10-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats wonderful and a great pic.... Tell her Congrats for me!!!!!!! That Equalizer is a very nice bow, I think I have owned 3 of them.
Cant wait to see what she gets next
Old 10-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is so cool, congrats to both of you!
Old 10-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

You are lucky, congrats to both of you. I wish I could get my wife involved with hunting but it's not for her. Great job, best of luck making more memories together.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Typical Buck

congrats, wtg
Old 10-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats, that's cool that your wife hunts with you. Good luck the rest of the year.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to her on her first deer.... Thats AWESOME!!!! That should be some tender vitals right there... my wife gun hunts, but hasn't got a deer yet... she cant hunt this year. With work and school, she has way to much to do. So she had to take this year off....
Old 10-08-2010, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your wife! When my wife got her first, I was more excited than she was I think! We were hunting maybe 100 yards apart, and the buck came by, and she got super excited, and I heard the bleat to stop the buck. Then a few seconds later, my phone was vibrating. the first thing she said was "I think I bleated a little loud!" and I was like "yeah, perhaps!"

Good luck to both of you on future hunts. Those trips are going to be some of your most memorable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.