Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrow Rests

Old 10-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by matt068
How in gods name did you turn your bow so it fell out of a biscuit I could turn mine upside down and forcefully shake my bow its not going anywhere. As far as speed difference between dropaway was 3 fps w/ 4 inch vanes and 2 fps w/ blazers I love my biscuit for hunting

^^^This .
Old 10-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

QAD for sure! Can't go wrong with this drop away, and there are different models for different price ranges.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by matt068
How in gods name did you turn your bow so it fell out of a biscuit I could turn mine upside down and forcefully shake my bow its not going anywhere. As far as speed difference between dropaway was 3 fps w/ 4 inch vanes and 2 fps w/ blazers I love my biscuit for hunting
I have a cheapo one that came with my bow and some of the wiskers are warped but not by my doing it just came that way
Old 10-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 2 Samuel 22:35
I have a cheapo one that came with my bow and some of the wiskers are warped but not by my doing it just came that way
Can you take a picture and post it by chance? I'd like to see how warped it is because when I shot one I put a ton of shots through it for a couple years, and it almost looked brand new still.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:16 AM
Spike

i just purchased a QAD Ultra Rest. it was only like $60. i had hunted with the whisker biscuit for 3 yrs previous and was bummed it kept eating my fletching. i thought about just refletching with blazer vanes but opted for the new rest. u can draw it upside down and it wont fall off. i like it because the arrow is contact with the rest being a drop away for less time than the WB so it helps a lil bit when the form isnt exactly perfect.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

I hope you have good luck with your Quad rest. I know a couple of folks that like it. Myself I do not like the containment type of rests. I want no contact with the arrow once it leaves the string. That is why I currently have the Trophy Ridge Drop Shot and I enjoy how it handles an arrow..
Old 10-12-2010, 06:43 AM
Spike

I have personally never used a drop away rest, but just laser tuned a Quad drop away for a guy on his mathews and was pretty nice. I tuned it and lasered in his sights, anyhow I prefer the NAP Quicktune 3000, it really nice cause you can tune your bow in perfect with the fine tune adjustments.