Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What's the deal here? >

What's the deal here?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the deal here?

Old 10-01-2010, 07:59 AM
Spike

Default What's the deal here?

I've been hunting about every chance I get since the early bow season started and I've used my trusty stand that I used alot last year and its also the stand I saw some pretty good bucks [for my area]. There have been good signs of deer moving through the stand all summer and the deer have been bedding in the woods just outside my stand and coming out mainly in the late evening.

Anyway, the only deer I have seen all season is two small fawns that come about every other hunt and move around for a few minutes, then come back the way they came. Never seen any other deer except the same two in my stand. Seems to me like I should've seen more than just those two as many times as I've went. Could it be something definate or just one of those quirks that you run into from time to time?
Old 10-01-2010, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

I have a few spots like that, it wil be a good stand early and i wont see much or even nothing for a few weeks but usually those stands are good for rut.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

Has anything changed around you? Weather, logging activity, crop changes, etc? A couple of years ago, I noticed a big change in deer patterns on one piece of property that I hunted. I did some investigating and found out that a landowner a half mile away fenced in a couple thousand acres for a game farm. It completely changed the deer movement patterns because it removed some of the croplands from the reach of deer outside the fence (they started moving in the opposite direction to access other land).
Old 10-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Spike

Not really. The weather has been real hot and I'm sure that's had an impact on what time they're out. But the weird thing is there was a pretty heavy rain that came through and the weather has cooled off a good bit. But when I went again about 4 days later the same two were still all I have seen. I've hunted a different stand for the last few days so I think I'm gonna go back and see what happens.