Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What practice target? >

What practice target?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What practice target?

Old 09-30-2010, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default What practice target?

What practice target do you guys use? I'm gonna need a new one, cause the destroyer blows right through both targets I have now. (which is kinda cool i'll admit). I like the spyderweb targets, but I need one that handles broadheads, too.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:41 AM
Typical Buck

Have heard very good things about the Rhinehart targets. Looking at getting one myself for my next target.

I use Bone Collector bag target for field points and it stops arrows really good, Heavy at almost 30lbs but arrows are removed with two fingers.

For broadheads I made my own to practice with. Nylon mesh bag similar to burlap bags filled and packed tight old rags and shirts. (remove buttons and stuff) Seen it stop my Grim Reaper practice head, and my buddies Rage practice head at an inch or so. With regular broad heads they go in 3 or 4 inches and are a pain to remove though. Can't complain for free though.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Reinhart is the way to go IMO.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

ill tell you what, if you get a feedsack and stuff it full of old rags tightly, it will last you for 10 yrs or more, all you have to do is ocasionally change the bag....works great and the arrows pull out with 2 fingers...