Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Rage vs. shoot thru netting >

Rage vs. shoot thru netting

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage vs. shoot thru netting

Old 09-27-2010, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rage vs. shoot thru netting

Anyone have issues with rage broadheads shooting thru the netting out of a blind?

My thought is that even if the broadhead does not deploy as it passes thru the netting, it may not punch a big enough hole for the vanes to pass thru without contact.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are not meant to be shot through netting. Only a fixed head should be used with netting.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

i was tellin my buddy the same thing, he hasn't shot through it yet, and he is planning on doing so
Old 09-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot 2 thru the netting, with lumenocks, and the flight at 20yds seemed to be ok.

I will probably switch over to Muzzy's or something when i'm in the blind.

I do remember the show with Lee and Tiffany (can't recall the show name) where they had Blake Shelton on and he shot a big mule deer with a rage from a blind. However, he didn't shoot thru the netting....he actually shot thru the blind, just under the netting and got a pass thru on the mulie.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by primitive weapon
i've shot 2 thru the netting, with lumenocks, and the flight at 20yds seemed to be ok.

I will probably switch over to muzzy's or something when i'm in the blind.

I do remember the show with lee and tiffany (can't recall the show name) where they had blake shelton on and he shot a big mule deer with a rage from a blind. However, he didn't shoot thru the netting....he actually shot thru the blind, just under the netting and got a pass thru on the mulie.
well if ya saw it on tv it must be true
Old 09-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Primitive Weapon
I've shot 2 thru the netting, with lumenocks, and the flight at 20yds seemed to be ok.

I will probably switch over to Muzzy's or something when i'm in the blind.

I do remember the show with Lee and Tiffany (can't recall the show name) where they had Blake Shelton on and he shot a big mule deer with a rage from a blind. However, he didn't shoot thru the netting....he actually shot thru the blind, just under the netting and got a pass thru on the mulie.
Whatever you do DO NOT get the muzzy broadheads! I have had two hunters that used muzzy broadheads one on a archery deer hunt and another on a archery elk hunt. Both of them made a beautiful shot and the deer bled like one drop and the elk bled for about twenty feet and then blood trail just stopped and we never found either animals. The blades on the muzzys are to small and they dont allow very much bleeding. I would reccomend a broadhead like the Buck Blaster it always leaves you a good blood trail.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by genesis27:3
Whatever you do DO NOT get the muzzy broadheads!
You're kidding right??? Tell me it ain't so. For what it worth, I have killed probally 20 deer over the last 15-20 years with Muzzys and NEVER lost a single one. I might not find the next one but have been blessed so far. I'm a decent tracker but nothing special. I have had some shots I wish I had not taken but the head did it's job. I'm sorry you folks had some bad luck with the head but that's what's on my arrows this year because it works well for me. No disrespect intended.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
i was tellin my buddy the same thing, he hasn't shot through it yet, and he is planning on doing so
Thanks for your input....

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
well if ya saw it on tv it must be true
however, you could have kept this one to yourself.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Primitive Weapon
Thanks for your input....

however, you could have kept this one to yourself.
just like everything else, ya gotta take the good with the bad
Old 09-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sprintflyer
You're kidding right??? Tell me it ain't so. For what it worth, I have killed probally 20 deer over the last 15-20 years with Muzzys and NEVER lost a single one. I might not find the next one but have been blessed so far. I'm a decent tracker but nothing special. I have had some shots I wish I had not taken but the head did it's job. I'm sorry you folks had some bad luck with the head but that's what's on my arrows this year because it works well for me. No disrespect intended.
Over the years I've related blood trails to shot placement. I've always imagined a "lateral line" dividing the upper and lower half of the deer.

In my experience, pass-throughs placed below that line have a good blood trail.....shots above sometimes don't. All of the deer I stuck last year bled like a pig and never went over 40-50 yds.

However, the year before, I had a shot a little high (still got the tops of both lungs) but there was MUCH less blood. So much less that I started doubting my shot.

When I recovered the doe, entrance and exit wounds were as expected.......she just didn't bleed externally alot. Body cavity was full of blood when I dressed her out.

Granted, there are exceptions to everything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.