Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bam went the bow >

Bam went the bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bam went the bow

Old 09-27-2010, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

The black limbs will actually(my opinion here) probably look pretty dang good. I really like the black/camo look. Anyways, the reason they do that is bc when the mass produce a bow, they can't keep producing limbs forever for it. They will build a large overhead of the cheapest sets they can for warranty repair situations like yours.

Cost: not much if anything on the limbs. I'd say less than 30 especially if u get the new string. A new strin will cost u anywhere between 40-100$ tho depending on what brand etc. 30$ ish to install, tune, and reset your loop ad peep. I'd say to expect around 100$ depending on the shop for everything.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
look, my buddy got his pecker caught in the cam one time, had to break the bow to get his junk out...i went to the bow shop, told the guy the story, he called mathews, they over nighted him 2 new limbs, he put them on, and 3 days later i was shooting...total cost..$25, for the shop to put it back together. my bow anyways, has a lifetime warranty on the limbs, it is a mafews
OMG that's hilarious! You have some of the funniest buddies I've read about on the net. And you're so nonchalant about how he broke the bow...no explanation on why he had his pecker there to begin with.

(I know he was blowing smoke up the shop's butt, but still a funny story).
Old 09-27-2010, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by UPHunter08
OMG that's hilarious! You have some of the funniest buddies I've read about on the net. And you're so nonchalant about how he broke the bow...no explanation on why he had his pecker there to begin with.

(I know he was blowing smoke up the shop's butt, but still a funny story).
dude, its a true story..how i got my bow, he said come get it, he cant even look at it..so i did..
he was shooting in his living room through the hallway into the office, when he drew the bow back, the cam grabbed his sweat pants and reeled it all in, when he let go, it went back through the other way, he had to re-draw the bow to release his junk, that was after he cracked both limbs tryin to break it off his junk.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:02 PM
Fork Horn

dude, its a true story..how i got my bow, he said come get it, he cant even look at it..so i did..
he was shooting in his living room through the hallway into the office, when he drew the bow back, the cam grabbed his sweat pants and reeled it all in, when he let go, it went back through the other way, he had to re-draw the bow to release his junk, that was after he cracked both limbs tryin to break it off his junk.
ouch!! Thats going to leave a mark!!
Kinda made me a little queezy just trying to picture how that could happen!
Old 09-27-2010, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

The real story probably goes something like this.

Halfbaked420: "Dude you wanna take our 4:20 afternoon break and we'll shoot some more of those arrow thingies when we're done"?

HB's Friend: "Oh crap, I just spilled the dirty water from the skull bong on my sweatpants".

Halfbaked420: "Hey dude, I just had a thought, since we're shootin bows like the cave men did, we'll just shoot with no pants on, it'll be a blast".

HB's Friend: "Awwww sweeeeet that's an awesome idea halfbaked420, lets do it".
Old 09-28-2010, 04:47 AM
Fork Horn

he was shooting in his living room through the hallway into the office
Heh...the fact that this point alone doesn't seem out of place to you is funny all by itself.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sticks and Stones

will break your bones. So will compound bows that just blow up.

I have an older bow as a backup, especially just before or during hunting season. When you look at the construction of the bow with the bending bow, the string, and the pulleys, it's a wonder they last six weeks.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Heh...the fact that this point alone doesn't seem out of place to you is funny all by itself.
I shoot from my kitchen into a spare bedroom all the time.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by UPHunter08
well i myself shoot from the office through the hallway into the livin room..cant really think of a better spot, honestly
Old 09-29-2010, 05:05 AM
Fork Horn

well i myself shoot from the office through the hallway into the livin room..cant really think of a better spot, honestly

Back yard?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.