Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Need your thoughts. >

Need your thoughts.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need your thoughts.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:28 AM
Spike

Default Need your thoughts.

The season has started here. My scouting has been done (or I thought), stands hung, and Ive got a mature buck located. Here is my problem, I assumed he was traveling a certain direction. I could be wrong, and I dont want to hunt that deer on a bad wind and spoil the hunt with out knowing. Im thinking about setting up a trail cam for a week to see what he is typically doing. Thoughts?
Old 09-21-2010, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

A trail cam is not a bad idea, will let you see whats going on when your not in the woods looking. Will also show you about what time they are moving to and from their beds to feeding areas and what not.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

defiantly go with the trail cam, you don't want to hunt that buck on a bad wind. You have the whole season to kill him, wait for the conditions to get right and then go get him! Good luck!
Old 09-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Fork Horn

Yep, trail camera would be the best thing to do. Don't want to run him off.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bucks should be in a feeding pattern now. He should be travelling from food to a bedding area in the AM and the opposite in the PM. I would hunt accordingly and adjust if necessary based on trail camera info. As the rut approaches deer move more but can be harder to pattern. I put my stands in funnels because they are good all season.