Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Choosing accessories for Hoyt Turbo Hawk >

Choosing accessories for Hoyt Turbo Hawk

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Choosing accessories for Hoyt Turbo Hawk

Old 09-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default Choosing accessories for Hoyt Turbo Hawk

I am buying my 12 year old son and myself each a Hoyt Turbo Hawk bow. After reading as many reviews as possible I feel like that would be a good choice for each of us. We have been hunting with a cross bow but he can now pull 45 pounds so it's time to buy the real deal. Now I need to equip them with an arrow rest, stabilizers and a sheath.

There are hundreds of choices and I’m tired of reading to be honest. For those of you that know this stuff inside and out what set up would you recommend?

Both bows will be used for deer hunting. All recommendations are welcome. Thank you
Old 09-20-2010, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

I'd say a whisker biscuit for a rest, maybe a quikee quiver or a bohning, and any stabilizer will suffice i would venture to say
Old 09-21-2010, 03:37 AM
Spike

X 2 on the WB for your first bow . Limb savers , trophy ridge hitman 5 pin sight or HHA sight , doinker multi rod stabilizer , And GT expedition arrows they are cheaper arrows and tuff .
Old 09-21-2010, 04:08 AM
Spike

Great choice on the bow, I think it's the best deal out there right now.

Whisker Biscuit rests work very well for beginners and veterans alike. The sight you choose will depend on the amount of pins you would like, the Truglo line has a sight for every application and they're very well built. The satabilizer can be as simple as an X-Coil from Limbsaver. For arrows, look for some Terminator XP or Terminator Lite arrows from Carbon Express.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

I bought a Turbo Hawk this year with a drop-away rest. Haven't regretted it (bagged a doe this weekend with it to break it in). It's a great bow. I use a 3-pin sight...only use the top 2 pins though because I don't expect to get a shot over 30-yards where I'm hunting (too thick to see much beyond that).