Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting spot

Old 09-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default Hunting spot

This is what I will be hunting this year,hoping all the corn is out this week, last year with all the rain it was almost December before they ever got it out.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

looks like a nice setup... Good luck...
Old 09-20-2010, 07:28 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by V8Ranger
looks like a nice setup... Good luck...
I agree... that public land will help to push the deer to you when everyone is moving about. Good Luck
Old 09-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting next to public can really be an advantage, especially if you practice extreme caution in your own spot to minimize the pressure you put on them. Make it a safe-haven of sorts.

How big is your spot?
Old 09-20-2010, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks,
I only have around 60 acres to hunt it is my bosses land,the rest is owned by other people,there is a total of 3 people that hunt the adjoining properties,and they only hunt it for the 3 day gun season so pretty much only me in my spots all season,the public ground across the highway does help a lot it has hunters going in and out all season long,it is mostly prairie grasses with small patches of trees when they start getting pressured they head for the thick timber where I am hunting.Good luck to you all as well.