Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New Stand Gitters! >

New Stand Gitters!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Stand Gitters!

Old 09-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default New Stand Gitters!

Just curious has anyone put tons of work into a stand and you have deer coming in. Now the wind is right and you feel tonight is the night. But yet you start to try and talk yourself out of hunting the stand.

It just happened to me. I had a awsome stand and I was kinda hesitant to sit it not wanting to screw it up. Just wondering if anyone else finds themselves in this situation?
Old 09-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

When I first started hunting I use to think this a lot. I didn't want to mess up a good thing. But once I became confindent with my hunting skills. I am always ready to try out a new stand. I have shot a number of deer the first time I sat the stand. Go with your gut feeling if the wind is right hunt it. Just have confindence in yourself and you should be alright
Old 09-19-2010, 03:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

yea i get that way sometimes. I start thinking i should have gone to a different stand. i'll
bet the deer are over there right now. plus i start questioning am i facing the right way or
are the deer going to come in the direction i think they are?
sometimes you over think it
Old 09-19-2010, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I haven't sat it yet. I went in there this morning to check my cam at 930 am I had out for acouple weeks. I was about 30 yds from my stand and I here a single deer running off. So yeah I learned my lesson if I woould have gone in this morning like I wanted I might have horns in the back of my truck.