Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Just need to vent... >

Just need to vent...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just need to vent...

Old 09-18-2010, 06:30 AM
Typical Buck

Why anyone would leave Illinois to hunt Wisconsin is beyond me considering we have one of the healthiest herds in the world.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:39 AM
Typical Buck

I have been commercial fishing to kill a little time,that and working around 3 days a week on a farm.I caught this crazy fish 2 days ago but released it. its a spoonbill I guess they dont have any bones in there body they are all cartilage. Good luck this season,looks like it will be a good one here in Illinois.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by blackhawk_archery
Why anyone would leave Illinois to hunt Wisconsin is beyond me considering we have one of the healthiest herds in the world.
I said it because Bow season opened up today and I see a lot of out of state plates on the public grounds. So back to the original question!
Old 09-18-2010, 07:01 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
I said it because Bow season opened up today and I see a lot of out of state plates on the public grounds. So back to the original question!

Well just cross your fingers that your dnr doesn't follow the Illinois dnr, unlimited archery permits is sure to put a strain on the herd within 10 years,but I never see many non residents around here until gun season.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
LOL....that is what we call you guys! I think of Uncle Roman from "The great outdoors" if your from ILL....you think you have money, in reality most of you are in Debt and going North is the only Vacation you can afford (Sad). I'll agree there is some weird people in the sticks of WI. Look at Ed Gein!!
Sorry just found this thread again. I try to stay out of the upper half of the state. I appreciate the topography that exists south of I-70. I don't like to claim those from the northern part of the state.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

It's been to freakin hot to hunt anyway. 91 degrees today. Our season has been in since the 4th.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Gladius87
Here in So. Illinois we don't need to go to another state to get good deer. Those upstate flat landers are a different breed.
You do if you want to hunt in September.

Well just cross your fingers that your dnr doesn't follow the Illinois dnr, unlimited archery permits is sure to put a strain on the herd within 10 years,but I never see many non residents around here until gun season.
We already can in Herd Control areas...most archers don't seem to overhunt them, however. The gun hunting season seems to rack up a lot more kills, especially on public land. At least they did away with the Earn-a-Buck program!

Last edited by UPHunter08; 09-22-2010 at 06:33 AM.