Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Fletching Own Arrows >

Fletching Own Arrows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fletching Own Arrows

Old 09-14-2010, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default Fletching Own Arrows

I know alot on here fletch their own arrows, so im wondering..

What is the best fletching jig to use?
Old 09-14-2010, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Bitzenberger and it works great for me.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Typical Buck

Probably a matter of preferance, but I use the JoJan multi fletcher with helical clips. I wasn't sure I would be able to when we switched to blazers but it works great on them too.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Typical Buck

I use a Bohning myself but Bitzenberger are one of the best, allow you to do pretty much everything for fletching. If I ever get another I would get a Blitz.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Spike

Bitzenberger
Old 09-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

After fletching arrows for the last 20 years I used one of the Extreme Shrink Fletch products with Blazer vanes. They make feathers and a couple of other vanes as well. You put it in hot water pull it out, give it a quick twist for your helical and your done. Nice fletching job with a good looking wrap. They are a little bit pricey but so are good fletchings. Ready to use instantly, fletch 6 arrows in 5 minutes and be done. No fletching jig required.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Use one for ten years

and you can start issuing yourself big dividends. That's called saving yourself some money.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
After fletching arrows for the last 20 years I used one of the Extreme Shrink Fletch products with Blazer vanes. They make feathers and a couple of other vanes as well. You put it in hot water pull it out, give it a quick twist for your helical and your done. Nice fletching job with a good looking wrap. They are a little bit pricey but so are good fletchings. Ready to use instantly, fletch 6 arrows in 5 minutes and be done. No fletching jig required.
I agree that shrink fletch is easy and really good. The problem is that arrows are already outragous to buy let alone paying $40 more a dozen for two packs of shrink fletches. I have used the shrink fletch and have good results but it is not the most cost effective way. I have used about all fletchers. You will get what you pay for. Bohning are pretty good but the Bitz is better. Also cost more, so they should be.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

I just fletched my arrows with the shrink fletch...they are so easy and they do fly much faster than what I previously shot...I say give that a try...
Old 09-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bitzenburger is THE BEST right now.It could use some innovations but none of the other even do what it can do as well as it does it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.