Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Help with Trophy Ridge Dropzone!! >

Help with Trophy Ridge Dropzone!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help with Trophy Ridge Dropzone!!

Old 09-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Help with Trophy Ridge Dropzone!!

I have had the Dropzone for 2 seasons and all of a sudden last week it has been sticking, what i mean is that when i release my arrow the rest is not dropping totally out of the way resulting in arrow contact. The contact is not affecting accuracy to much which is suprising. I tore the rest apart and noticed that the 2 bolts that go vertically through the rest have a tiny bit of rust on them which have caused the plastic tubing which the rest arm rides on to swell resulting in the sticking.

My question is does anyone know if it is possible to replace the plastic tubing in the rest, or get new bolts for the rest or would it be better to just junk it and buy a new one?

Any advice would be great because i have to make the decision soon as season starts this coming saturday.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

call trophy ridge customer service and tell them - they should send out replacement parts pretty quick. Both my brother and i had the same issue and they are aware of it and fixing the problem.

good luck.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Typical Buck

I had to replace the springs in mine a couple of times which is a real pain. I finally changed flavors.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Could anyone recommend another quality drop away rest? my dad and brother shoot the whisker biscuit but im not a fan of the idea of the drag potential on the arrow from that rest.

Thanks
Old 09-13-2010, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

I have been using a WB sice I started with a bow and I have never regretted it once.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Spike

Get the qap rest. Quality archery products pro series hd drop away rest. My drop zone just did the same thing and it was bending the arm. This rest is the best rest on the market!