Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Most Comfortable Ladder Stand >

Most Comfortable Ladder Stand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Most Comfortable Ladder Stand

Old 09-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Spike

Default Most Comfortable Ladder Stand

I am sure this has probably come up in the past but am curious what you have found to be the most comfortable store bought ladder stands? As you know stores do not allow you to climb up and sit in them so you are flying blind. I hunt all day long when I go, so a comfortable seat is THE most important thing (aside from safety). I want to try to keep from having to modify a store bought stand with a swivel boat seat but will if that is the best bet. Sportsman Guide sells some pretty tall affordable ladder stands that I could do this with cause their inexpensive ladder stands look as about as comfortable as a raging case of (you choose).

Thanks.

David
Old 09-12-2010, 05:14 AM
Spike

Default Sportsmans Guide stand opinion

I am the proud owner of two 20' ladder stands purchased from SG (one last year and another this year)

I paid around $100 for each and in my opinion they are very comfortable. I am 6'4" and 225 lbs, and the platform is plenty large enough to stand and turn on with no concerns of falling. The seat is also comfortable, as the cushion provided is comfortable (take it with you when you leave, or the squirrels with have a ball with it)

The only complaint I have is that it definitely takes two people (3 is even better) to set this thing up easily. (My wife and daughter hate me, especially since I made them get scent free before we went to set it up.)

I am sure that there are more expensive stands that are easier to set up, but I compared sizes and the ones that I have are only 1 to 3 inches smaller platform size than the more expensive ones.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:52 AM
Fork Horn

Look up the Millenium stands. I have the loc-on, and that just became my all day stand over my summit. Very Comfortable!!!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by jermelott
Look up the Millenium stands. I have the loc-on, and that just became my all day stand over my summit. Very Comfortable!!!!!

I agree. Get a Millenium.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

Big Game luxury box..............take a nap in it

Old 09-17-2010, 06:26 AM
bigcountry

Anything but biggame. I saved up my cabelas points for a year and bought a 20ft biggame big max, and it sucks. Not stable at all.

I myself also find the hanging seat stands are the most comfortable. Like the API stands usually are.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

I"ve had about every big game stand they got including the 20 ft ultra max and they are all rock solid. Only one that was a little shaky was the 20 Ft Skybox and I got rid of it.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:48 AM
Spike

i have a biggame and i love it.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

I have the big game executive and the big game partner pro.....the executive is ok but not great for an all day sit....the partner pro is hard to stay awake in because it is so comfortable, plus the platform is HUGE.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:45 AM
Fork Horn

X2 on Luxery Box. All Time Favorate most comfortable stand.