Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
The best broadhead ever made! >

The best broadhead ever made!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The best broadhead ever made!

Old 09-05-2010, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default The best broadhead ever made!

No, not really. I don't think there is a one "best" for all setups and applications. I do think I have settled on one head for me and my current setups. I shoot 70lbs with a 29" draw. Both of my hunting bows a pushing 70 ft/lbs of KE so I have plenty of "oomf". So What am I shooting? Drum roll please-----------------Slick trick STD 100 grn. Why do you ask? well I have for years shot 4 or 5 different heads at a time, testing,trying and playing. Now it's time for me to just hunt and enjoy. For me and my setups the STD slick trick 100 grn provides the perfect balance of sharpness, penetration, accuracy, and cutting surface, plus they shoot very well from almost any bow that is close to tuned. So well in fact that while getting my hunting arrows together I had not noticed that I was actually testing those hunting arrows with 125 grn heads, not 100's. They still shot within and 1" of the field points and were very consistent, even though they were 25 grns heavier. ( the 100's shot even better!) There are a ton of great heads out there, many as good as the slick tricks, some possibly better( or maybe not) and some not anywhere near as good, but Slicks are what I choose for me. I am not saying there the best for everyone, shoot what you have confidence in and as long as there matched to your setup and you go with a high quality heads you will be fine.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

AMEN!! fellow bow hunter genius!!!