Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

slick tricks

Old 09-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default slick tricks

do any of you slick trick guys have an extra one or two youd sell or trade i would like to try 'em. hear a lot about them on here. let me know thanks guys
Old 09-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

You know they are as good as gold! The next best thing to slick tricks is land. And god stopped making land along time ago!!
Old 09-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just go buy a pack, try 'em, you'll like them, it's pretty much GUARANTEED!!! I punched the same BH through 3 deer, 2 coyotes and a blue grouse (lost it on that grouse as well), and if I hadn't lost it, I'd still have been shooting it this past season. I have one on an arrow right now that has been through 2 deer and a coyote, and will likely go through a few more animal this season. And all that was without any blade changes. The blades are SHARP, and they re-sharpen pretty easily with a small sharpener, like this ( http://www.amazon.com/Lansky%C2%AE-M.../dp/B0001WP336 )
or this ( http://www.rei.com/product/780741?cm...5-001b2166bec9 ).

That second little sharpener is the one I use and it's a GREAT little sharpener for BH's!!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

i wont buy a whole pack of them not afterr buying a pack of rage. i dont need 70 bucks in bh's this year
Old 09-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Whitetailaddict13
i wont buy a whole pack of them not afterr buying a pack of rage. i dont need 70 bucks in bh's this year
Ok, so if you shoot the rage this year, see how you like em. You might want to stick with the rages, who knows?

I shoot Slick Tricks and will never move to another broadhead. They are the sharpest broadheads I have ever used, and tough as nails. Never shot the rages but I'm not really a fan of mechanicals.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Fork Horn

"will never shoot another broadhead,sharpest broadhad, tough as nails"..its these kind of things that make me wanna try one! you know what i mean? if i decide i like them i can easily switch heads before i shoot em up(the rages) and buy tricks.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Whitetailaddict13

Look, it's almost the most critical thing you have when you go to the woods. Buy something that shoots great and kills. You can't judge any broadhead based on one or two. Really, find what floats your boat. Sure it might take some money and time but the end results demands your best effort. Heck, I pay $50 for a box of golf balls and then loose them in the pond or woods.LOL There are a ton of great broadheads around. I don't use the slick tricks... but if I was thinking about them I'd buy a pack and see if my thinking was right. You don't want someones left overs or discards. Start fresh and finish strong.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

A 3 pack of ST's cost 25 bucks. VERY different than Rage. Well worth the money. If you buy the 100 grain magnums, shoot one and see what you think. If you don't like them, I will buy all three off you for 20 bucks.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Ben / PA
A 3 pack of ST's cost 25 bucks. VERY different than Rage. Well worth the money. If you buy the 100 grain magnums, shoot one and see what you think. If you don't like them, I will buy all three off you for 20 bucks.
But you see... this is disinformation. It depends on what arrow and what length and poundage he's shooting to select the correct weight head. Has the archery industry gotten totally away from basic principles? PLUS, he's shooting a recurve, more than likely fingers... that changes it too. This stuff is not made up. It's taken us 60 years to refine it and people tend to ignore it and they wonder what when wrong when it breaks.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

were did you get that i shoot a recurve? my sig says mathews lx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.