Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
First attempt at video >

First attempt at video

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First attempt at video

Old 08-31-2010, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice footage and I know you will do better. Pick up a tree arm and a tripod, that will improve your video quite a bit. The Rap music could go. Good job overall
Old 08-31-2010, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK, I do quite a bit of underwater video and have learned a lot the last couple years. #1--having a good editing program and learning how to use it of the utmost importance.

The video isn't bad, but as others have said it gets shaky at times. This is where editing comes in. You don't fast forward at that point. You cut out the shaking and slow down parts of other scenes. Always cut out shakiness like this. It's no good for anything and just gives people vertigo.

I know that zooming is necessary for such scenes and it's sometimes hard to control the speed of the zoom. This is where you can slow it down in the video track.

As others have said. Scrap the music. Best bet is possibly parts of soundtracks of drama or action movies where something is building to a cresendo.. And no vocals. If you have a decent editing program you can separate the audio from the video and then dubb in your own narration. Then you can watch your video and write your own script and add it into the voice track. All it takes is a microphone.

As for choosing music? Well, I quit watching those hunting videos on television because 90% of them have digusting music IMO. Always too fast and way too loud. Don't blast people's ears. Music should, for the most part be in the background setting the mood and tempo of the video.

I know this sound like I'm picking your show apart, but I am just making suggestions for the future. You might even go back into your computer and redo this video. That's one of the joys of having them on a computer. You can keep on practicing.

Last edited by BGfisher; 08-31-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

nice stalk. definitely get a tripod for stability. Not Knocking the music but I would rather hear a play by play or some moderated detail as well.