Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New hunting land!!! Need advice! >

New hunting land!!! Need advice!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New hunting land!!! Need advice!

Old 08-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

Yes, post an overhead image and we can roll from there.. as far as scouting.. theres not a whole lot you can do if its simply corn and timber.. Don't tromp in there and just see what you spook up. Keep the pressure low and when your ready to hang a set go in and scout the trails/sign and get the idea then hang your set in what appears to be the best looking spot. From there you can do trial and error and move stands and play the chess match of hunting. Whatever you do, don't push it.. The less pressure the better your opportunity will be. Just take it nice and slow and figure it out as you go. Trial and error is how to go about new properties and new terrain. We will help in any way we can.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Spike

wheres the best place to get a satelite view of the property? and how do i get it on here?
Old 08-25-2010, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by -DeerSlayer-
Yes, post an overhead image and we can roll from there.. as far as scouting.. theres not a whole lot you can do if its simply corn and timber.. Don't tromp in there and just see what you spook up. Keep the pressure low and when your ready to hang a set go in and scout the trails/sign and get the idea then hang your set in what appears to be the best looking spot. From there you can do trial and error and move stands and play the chess match of hunting. Whatever you do, don't push it.. The less pressure the better your opportunity will be. Just take it nice and slow and figure it out as you go. Trial and error is how to go about new properties and new terrain. We will help in any way we can.
I agree 100% but in order to find the best stop you are going to have to walk the property to see where the best place will be. Depending on how many properties you have you might be able let this one roll until the corn is cut (usally before the RUT) around me. And then Hunt the property..

But get an ariel and we all can help you. GOOGLE EARTH is the best imo.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Spike

Heres the picture of part of the land
Attached Thumbnails New hunting land!!! Need advice!-land.jpg  
Old 08-25-2010, 07:39 PM
Spike

Well that didnt work!!!!
Old 08-25-2010, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Nice looking property. I placed some stands based off funnels and feild edges. Cameras r always the way to go once you've narrowed down a likely area. Just my opinion of where I would place my stands. Always have options for different winds. Nothing worse then ruining a great piece of land because of impatience. Take ur time and learn your property without molesting it. Good luck, keep me posted I'm curious what your efforts bring you this season.
Attached Thumbnails New hunting land!!! Need advice!-land-1-.jpg  
Old 08-26-2010, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by deernutz
Nice looking property. I placed some stands based off funnels and feild edges. Cameras r always the way to go once you've narrowed down a likely area. Just my opinion of where I would place my stands. Always have options for different winds. Nothing worse then ruining a great piece of land because of impatience. Take ur time and learn your property without molesting it. Good luck, keep me posted I'm curious what your efforts bring you this season.
I think he hit it on the head based on stand placement...Looks like there are 2 ponds on the property and another Tax ditch or something of that nature..But yeah that is a good looking property!
Old 08-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Spike

Here is another section that i got permision to hunt!
Attached Thumbnails New hunting land!!! Need advice!-andy1.jpg  
Old 08-27-2010, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another Good looking property! Now are those all roads running through the property?
Old 08-27-2010, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

To many options with that other property. Just look at the map and find the funnels of narrow timber coming out of the big timber, corners of fields. A ridge coming into a field. I found in early season deer will come into the first shady spot in the field. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.