Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Not looking for a bash fest! >

Not looking for a bash fest!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Not looking for a bash fest!

Old 08-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default Not looking for a bash fest!

Ok folks. Just looking for a few opinions. I was a High Country dealer thru the great years of the Supreme and a few others but we are looking at picking them up again. I have been told they are doing well and it seems they have hit the ground running. I have to buy several bows to get back into it and don't want to mark them way down just to sell them. Just wanted an idea of how many people would be willing to look at one or would you walk on by? My dealer packet tells me I can't sell online so I'm not druming up buisness just testing the waters so to speak. What do ya think?
Old 08-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

I am not bow biased. I would buy any bow if it shot well for me and i liked it. I think alot of people are like that. I guess there are some who think brand x is better than anything, i feel sorry for them cuz they could be missing out. Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would buy one as long as it felt good whe I held it in my hands.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like said above, The first selling point of a bow is that it has to Shoot Good and feel good, then comes price and looks IMO.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a Pro-Line for a million years....well, at least 20. Never thought I'd buy another brand because of how that bow shot and how it treated me.

When I was forced to buy a new one, I tried a Pro-line and didn't like it. I actually tried a bunch of bows and finally settled on a Martin because it felt and shot well.

So, to answer your question...I think you'll be fine if they are as good as they were back in the day.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was the same way, i shot Hoyt for the longest time and then i shot a ROSS a cheaper bow in some eyes but i though it shot like a million bucks. Then when Ross began to have trouble i got a Bowtech and never looked back the no- handshock and speed i love the harsh draw at first was bad then i got over it but Its all about what the customer likes to shoot.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default Re:

Thanks for the input! Hope alot of people feel this way. I shot there bows for many years even before I was a dealer because they just plain "fit" when they began having trouble there quality went down hill fast and I tried Hoyt, AR, Bowtec, and a few others and, all excelent bows, just not what I was missing. I am blessed to be able to shoot alot of demo bows and "field test" something new in my treestand each year. I went back to HCA last year and beleve they have it together again. I think this years Iron Mace ranks up there with the Supreme! Big statment indeed but IMHO a truth.

Last edited by sprintflyer; 08-23-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing wrong with High Country bows, several of my friends had them...

Heck, I'm still shooting a Mountaineer simply because I'm a finger shooter and when I walk in an archery shop finger shooters are SOL...
Old 08-24-2010, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

To me a bow needs to be fast, or at least have a pretty descent IBO. Now I don't shoot the best and fastest bow my any means. Mine is only suppose to shoot around 305 IBO. But like everyone is saying. It has to fit in your hands, and just feel right. I cant afford the big name brand bows that sell for $500 to $800 and more. I have to shop for something more in the $300 to $400 range. So finding a bow that meets all the "feel" spec's is a little harder for me. I have a Person Vigilante, which was a experimental bow back in 06 or 07. It fits good and shoots good for me and it was in my price range. With todays economy, I'm sure I'm not the only one on a tight budget.

Last edited by V8Ranger; 08-24-2010 at 04:57 AM.