Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
millennium M100 Hang on >

millennium M100 Hang on

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

millennium M100 Hang on

Old 08-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default millennium M100 Hang on

I am thinking about purchasing on this week. They seem very comfortable and quite, everything that I have read about these stands seems to be top notch. Who has it and what do you think about it?
Old 08-17-2010, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Stand

I saw them at a Deer sow. They are nice stands and comfortable. The only thing I didn't like was the way the seat flipped up. It didn't seem like I could stand up and flip the seat up at the moment of truth. I like a seat I can flip up, or push out of the way with my knee. I like to get into shooting position quickly and I didn't see it happening for me with that stand.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
I saw them at a Deer sow. They are nice stands and comfortable. The only thing I didn't like was the way the seat flipped up. It didn't seem like I could stand up and flip the seat up at the moment of truth. I like a seat I can flip up, or push out of the way with my knee. I like to get into shooting position quickly and I didn't see it happening for me with that stand.
I thought the same thing at first, but I sat in one this weekend, and the seat seemed to flip up rather easily and quietly. It also seemed very easy to slip the strap over the seat so that it stayed up. BUT, i was not hunting and doing this. Thats why I wanted other opinions. Thanks!!!
Old 08-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want a nice big hangon stand with a comfortable seat try the Rivers Edge Big Foot or Big Foot XL. I Bought them over the past few years at Gander Mountain for about $65 each. Just got one last week for $59. They are roomy, comfortable, very sturdy locking into the tree, the padded seat flips up and is at a nice height for standing up quickly. I have not had any squeks out of these either. They are a little heavy at 20 lbs. The Millenium is more comfortable for sitting no doubt, but you could get a couple of these Rivers Edge Stands for the same price.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
If you want a nice big hangon stand with a comfortable seat try the Rivers Edge Big Foot or Big Foot XL. I Bought them over the past few years at Gander Mountain for about $65 each. Just got one last week for $59. They are roomy, comfortable, very sturdy locking into the tree, the padded seat flips up and is at a nice height for standing up quickly. I have not had any squeks out of these either. They are a little heavy at 20 lbs. The Millenium is more comfortable for sitting no doubt, but you could get a couple of these Rivers Edge Stands for the same price.
I'll look into the stands that you mention. Are they all day comfortable? Thats one of the reasons that I was looking at the millennium, for all day hunts. And you can buy the receiver to put on another tree for $24.95. At 14 pounds and only a couple on minutes to slide the stand into receiver, that was impressive. Currently i use my summit razor or my equalizer with my summit seat (awesome combo) for all day hunts. But, in south louisiana, October is HOT!! the less climbing and carrying a stand I can do, the better.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure if you will find it comfortable for all day. I don't like big seats because they get in my way. I stand and sit. I took the big seat off my climber (LW) and put in a mesh seat to make it easier to get out of the way. I know the trend is these big comfy seats on climbers but I like to see my stand engage with the tree as I climb, and when in the tree I like to lean against the tree while standing and the big seat won't allow me to do this easily or at all in some cases.