Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bloodrunner

Old 08-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Spike

Default bloodrunner

which one would yall recomend 2 blade or 3 blade bloodrunner. and do they have good penatration
Old 08-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

All I'll say to ya is go to youtube and type in "bloodrunner eland" and watch that video. That's the 3 blade. I like 3 blade.

Ryan.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have seen that video of the eland several times and will say that any regular broadhead placed in the same place would have done the same thing but would have likely penetrated quite a bit farther than that bloodrunner did. That massively thick ferrell is not conducive to good penetration, especially through bone.

Here is one with a rifle shot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkP69...has_verified=1

Last edited by bigbulls; 08-04-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:47 AM
Typical Buck

Be aware that it is not wise to believe everything one see's on video. My suggestion to you is stick with a fixed blade head
Old 08-05-2010, 05:11 AM
Fork Horn

I bought a set of the 3 blades this year for my crossbow. They fly well and have as much penetration into my block target as field points and thunderheads. I was entertaining the thought about switching them onto my vertical bow but decided just to stay with my original plan of using the thunderheads. The jury is still out on my decision to buy them in the first place until they actually encounter living flesh and bone. And I cant really tell you all a good reason as to why I decided to buy them in the first place.... but like anything else.... we all like to try something new.

Alex