Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Scent Blocker Update >

Scent Blocker Update

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent Blocker Update

Old 07-31-2010, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default Scent Blocker Update

Has anyone heard about this?

Quote:

Finally The Truth About Carbon Clothing?

“Finally the real truth about carbon clothing may be released. In a subpoena issued to Scent Blocker by Scentlok on July 15, 2010 to force Scent Blocker to make available all their sealed information and testing to the public. This is interesting in that Scentlok sealed all their depositions and testing from the public during their trial but now when it’s to their advantage they want the public to know. Interesting.(Attached is page 10 of the subpoena where Scentlok states that the public’s right to know overcomes Scent Blockers right to seal their testimony and testing)

The only way for the public will learn the truth is through the release of testing details and deposition testimony. Through the few details that have been released we have learned that inspite of Scentlok and Scent Blocker’s claims the court has found them guilty of not telling the truth.

They have been hiding from the public what they have known and have made million’s. Now with this new court case with the two companies now fighting among themselves the public should finally see the truth about carbon. Just the basic fact already revealed that there is only 23% coverage of carbon covering that is sealed to the fabric with adhesive makes Scentlok effective in doing anything to control human odor as Sentlok’s own expert testified under oath.”
Attached Thumbnails Scent Blocker Update-slvssb.jpg  
Old 08-01-2010, 08:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Some people just Love to stir it!

Dan
Old 08-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

google blacktailslayer.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

There have been a few articles in mags about this. Things don't look good for the carbon clothing industry. There is a lot of proof coming out that carbon clothes dont work nearly as well as claimed. My question, why spend the $$ right now on it? Half the price is the odor killing properties.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

a couple days too late wasnt this gone over like 2 days or so ago
lol
Old 08-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Fork Horn

this kind of reminds me of scent killer by wildlife reserch center,,,caim block 99 % oF REPLICATED HUMAN ODOR. what exactly is replicated human odor. why not use just plain human sweat. do yall smell something fishy..i used it ,,and i washed my cloths in scent free soap and hung them outside in the fir trees to dry and i could see no differance at all..i buy scent free soap and i wash with scent free soap so if you smell like the woods why wouldnt it work just as well. any ides
Old 08-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by vermont bowhunter
this kind of reminds me of scent killer by wildlife reserch center,,,caim block 99 % oF REPLICATED HUMAN ODOR. what exactly is replicated human odor. why not use just plain human sweat. do yall smell something fishy..i used it ,,and i washed my cloths in scent free soap and hung them outside in the fir trees to dry and i could see no differance at all..i buy scent free soap and i wash with scent free soap so if you smell like the woods why wouldnt it work just as well. any ides
AMEN!!! Very well put.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Typical Buck

My scent block is a hanger, tree, and some fresh country air.