Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Buffalo Co. WI outfitters >

Buffalo Co. WI outfitters

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buffalo Co. WI outfitters

Old 07-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Buffalo Co. WI outfitters

I am thinking of going on a hunt in Buffalo Co. WI this fall. Do any of you know of a good outfitter or have any of you had any experiences with anyone in this area good/bad?

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 07-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Spike

Pastor Jim I use to live a little north of Buffalow Co. A few years ago they had a pic. on night cams of what some experts thought might be an all time record buck. It was in all the hunting mags. The buck never showed up as a kill. My thoughts are that it was night jacked? My point is that since then I think everyone has been hunting there. That is my guess! Good luck if you go as there are some nice deer in that part of the country.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

Bluff Country Outfitters is one I have seen on tv. No experience with them though.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Spike

Default Field & Stream Buck

Originally Posted by curtispa14
Pastor Jim I use to live a little north of Buffalow Co. A few years ago they had a pic. on night cams of what some experts thought might be an all time record buck. It was in all the hunting mags. The buck never showed up as a kill. My thoughts are that it was night jacked? My point is that since then I think everyone has been hunting there. That is my guess! Good luck if you go as there are some nice deer in that part of the country.
Some guy ended up shooting it that same year. Here is a link with some articles. Scroll down to the NOV 3 article & read about it. He really is a STUD! (I think this is the one he's talking about??)

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/big-buck-zone?page=17

Good luck if you end up going! Post some pics of what you get so we can all enjoy.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Buffalo County Outfitters is some dang good land. My buddies brother in law started it up about 15 or so yrs back. He has since then sold it. It's a great place. You'll have a good time. i would hunt late season bow if I was you. I going on a late season bow hunt with Western Illinois Trophy Outfitters this yr. I'm not taking any chances with warm weather during the rut. I used this method last yr and scored on a 145 8pt in MN and the yr before it. Hunted late season and shot a 154 inch ten pt. Late season is where it's at. Good Luck.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
I am thinking of going on a hunt in Buffalo Co. WI this fall. Do any of you know of a good outfitter or have any of you had any experiences with anyone in this area good/bad?

Blessings.....Pastorjim
When are you planning a trip??? This year or next...

I have also thought of buffalo county outfitters as well.
Huntingbeast web site has a few members that recommend it, seeing the web site is situated in WI they might know better???
Old 10-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

If you were thinking of going this year you will be hard pressed to find a spot with any of the better outfitters, booked solid! Bluff country outfitters is good and really any of the guys operating around Alma have good ground. Yea, there are a lot of people hunting there but they don't overhunt there ground there. Another good place is Houston cty MN. Butts up to Iowa and they have some monsters in that cty. Good luck
Old 10-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Houston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P&Y Antlers why you gotta give away my secret spot of houston, MN. I stay in that hotel by the gas station. Love 'em good people. I hunt with a DIY outfitter and here's my reward in two seasons
Attached Thumbnails Buffalo Co. WI outfitters-matt-2009-1-.jpg   Buffalo Co. WI outfitters-mn-.jpg  
Old 10-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

deernutz, you wouldn't happen to be hunting on Johns place are you?