HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Foodplot before and After Pictures (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/326615-foodplot-before-after-pictures.html)

my7pointmonster 07-27-2010 02:48 PM

Foodplot before and After Pictures

2 Attachment(s)
We found an old log landing at a local sportsman's club I volunteer at after a few days hard work this is what we ended up with. I'm happy to say the least. Open to the public and should produce good nutrition for healthier deer. Sits about 50 yards from an old clear cut.

Ryan.

Before. Standing at the trail head

Attachment 10679

After, Standing where the log is on the road, the bushes to the right are gone also. We made a brush pile in the center for better habitat.

Attachment 10680

ryndisher 07-27-2010 05:34 PM

That looks great!

gmil6184 08-02-2010 05:01 PM

Good luck with it! what are you going to plant?

OhioBowhunter 08-02-2010 05:10 PM

awesome man

JNM86WVU 08-02-2010 05:25 PM

Very nice.. It's always amazing how a little hard work can make things that much better.. Good luck on the season..

halfbakedi420 08-02-2010 05:30 PM

seems like ya planted somethin already...needs alot of water, maybe rent a gas powered pump and some hoses, what i did, it def helped, went from 1 inch ta 6 inches in a few weeks...i havnt seen it in a few months, but with the 110 degree temps we are gettin, i am sure it is hurtin.

bigbucks98 08-02-2010 08:00 PM

evolved harvest all the way. great job on the new plot. hope it pays off for you bud.

my7pointmonster 08-02-2010 08:59 PM

I know what you mean, what your seeing...... well it isnt what your seeing so to speak Like it was an over grown log landing and we brush hogged it all then we haroed it (essentially a tractor pulled rake) and that removed all the crap that was laying there, and we went through and cleaned up the ground there's a spring that's to the right that's not in any of the pictures, its a lot better in person, the pictures don't do it justice you know what I mean, Id be all for the renting a pump thing just the club would never be into that. thanks for all the good words guys, means a lot. I got a wild hair up my butt and made a food plot behind my house thats 15 yds by 12 yds I'm only going to shoot a buck out of it, I'd love to just see deer using it. That would be more than enough for me. The one I posted pictures above of was prolly 45-50 yds long by 30-40 yards wide. Ryan.

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420 (Post 3657223)
seems like ya planted somethin already...needs alot of water, maybe rent a gas powered pump and some hoses, what i did, it def helped, went from 1 inch ta 6 inches in a few weeks...i havnt seen it in a few months, but with the 110 degree temps we are gettin, i am sure it is hurtin.

PY Antlers 08-03-2010 04:32 AM

That should pull'em in eh. Nice!