Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Foodplot before and After Pictures >

Foodplot before and After Pictures

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Foodplot before and After Pictures

Old 07-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Foodplot before and After Pictures

We found an old log landing at a local sportsman's club I volunteer at after a few days hard work this is what we ended up with. I'm happy to say the least. Open to the public and should produce good nutrition for healthier deer. Sits about 50 yards from an old clear cut.

Ryan.

Before. Standing at the trail head

Foodplot before and After Pictures-foodplot-bow-shots-001.jpg

After, Standing where the log is on the road, the bushes to the right are gone also. We made a brush pile in the center for better habitat.

Foodplot before and After Pictures-foodplot-bow-shots-015.jpg
Old 07-27-2010, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

That looks great!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck with it! what are you going to plant?
Old 08-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

awesome man
Old 08-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

Very nice.. It's always amazing how a little hard work can make things that much better.. Good luck on the season..
Old 08-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

seems like ya planted somethin already...needs alot of water, maybe rent a gas powered pump and some hoses, what i did, it def helped, went from 1 inch ta 6 inches in a few weeks...i havnt seen it in a few months, but with the 110 degree temps we are gettin, i am sure it is hurtin.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

evolved harvest all the way. great job on the new plot. hope it pays off for you bud.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know what you mean, what your seeing...... well it isnt what your seeing so to speak Like it was an over grown log landing and we brush hogged it all then we haroed it (essentially a tractor pulled rake) and that removed all the crap that was laying there, and we went through and cleaned up the ground there's a spring that's to the right that's not in any of the pictures, its a lot better in person, the pictures don't do it justice you know what I mean, Id be all for the renting a pump thing just the club would never be into that. thanks for all the good words guys, means a lot. I got a wild hair up my butt and made a food plot behind my house thats 15 yds by 12 yds I'm only going to shoot a buck out of it, I'd love to just see deer using it. That would be more than enough for me. The one I posted pictures above of was prolly 45-50 yds long by 30-40 yards wide. Ryan.
Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
seems like ya planted somethin already...needs alot of water, maybe rent a gas powered pump and some hoses, what i did, it def helped, went from 1 inch ta 6 inches in a few weeks...i havnt seen it in a few months, but with the 110 degree temps we are gettin, i am sure it is hurtin.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:32 AM
Typical Buck

That should pull'em in eh. Nice!