Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
putting up stands? >

putting up stands?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

putting up stands?

Old 07-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Spike

Default putting up stands?

When is the best time of the day to be out in the woods putting up stands and checking trail cans without disturbing the deer if it is possible? Kind of a dumb question but I'm just a rookie. Lol
Old 07-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would say early afternoon is the best time. Some say that durring or right after a rain is a good time.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

the sooner/earlier in the season the better, usually. but hey, not always you never know
Old 07-26-2010, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

I like to hang em early. I started a couple weeks ago. But i always end up moving or hanging during the season. Usually I will hang and hunt it as soon as I am done and this may be the most deadly tactic I have
Old 07-27-2010, 02:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just before a rain would be perfect. If you are going to do a lot of trimming, the earlier the better. During the next couple of weeks would be appropriate.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:06 AM
Typical Buck

i found during rain is a great time because you make less noise and it somewhat washes away your scent. as for times 1 or 2 in the afternoon
Old 07-27-2010, 07:51 AM
Typical Buck

I try an go before a good rain or in the morning. Not as hot then so i do not sweat as much
Old 07-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

All depends on what time of the year it is and where its going. As an outfitter we hang early stands during daylight hours in mornings when deer are feeding in fields to avoid bumping them from their bedding if its in the timber. If on field edge then we do mid-day to not run anything out. During rut and while hunters are in camp we go out at night to avoid being busted by sight and to ensure a good reflector path for our hunters to see on the way in.